Massive Search For Missing 2-Year-Old Angelo Tobias Plaza Continues In Tobago
UPDATE 3: The biological father of missing Angelo, 22-year-old Antonio Plaza, travelled to Tobago today (Friday 15th May, 2026) with his mother, Meena Plaza, seeking answers as to the whereabouts of little Angelo. Accompanied by Crime Watch host Ian Alleyne, they went directly to Cambridge Trace, Goodwood, the same area where Angelo was last seen on Monday night (11th May, 2026), hoping to speak with the child’s mother and get answers surrounding the baffling case.
However, upon arriving, they were reportedly prevented from entering the immediate area as Police maintained a cordon around the property, while crime scene investigators continued processing the scene.
UPDATE 2: Reports emerged today (Friday 15th May, 2026) that Angelo’s mother, Khalifa Tobias, and his stepfather, Shannon Miller, have both been detained by Police as investigations and searches continue on the island for a fourth full day since the toddler’s disappearance.
UPDATE: Chief Secretary of the Tobago House of Assembly (THA), Farley Augustine, said all available resources are being utilized to assist in locating missing 2-year-old Angelo Tobias Plaza.
Speaking during a post-Executive Council media briefing today (Thursday 14th May, 2026), Augustine said authorities are still trying to piece together exactly what happened to the child, who vanished under mysterious circumstances from his home in Goodwood, Tobago.
“A lot remains unknown. A lot remains unclear to us. There are more questions than answers,” Augustine said, describing the case as a painful reminder of the collective responsibility to protect children.
“It takes a village to raise a child, but it also takes a village to protect a child,” he added.
The massive search for missing 2-year-old Angelo Tobias Plaza in Tobago will resume early Friday morning (15th May, 2026), according to Captain Vallence Rambharat of the Hunters Search and Rescue Team (HSRT), as there was no sighting of the toddler during the third full day of searches.
The Tobago Emergency Management Agency (TEMA) said the HSRT met with Director Allan Stewart today (Thursday 14th May, 2026) as co-ordinated efforts continued in the search for the missing infant in Goodwood, Tobago. TEMA said, “Operational briefings focused on the Incident Action Plan (IAP) for the day, providing teams with a comprehensive ‘lay of the land’ overview as sea search operations continue alongside ground search activities.”
Angelo vanished on Monday night (11th May, 2026) from his home along Cambridge Trace, Goodwood, Tobago, triggering widespread concern and a frantic overnight search involving Police, relatives and villagers. He is described as light-skinned, of mixed descent, with a round face, and was reportedly wearing only a diaper when he disappeared.
According to initial reports, the child’s mother, Khalifa Tobias, and her boyfriend, Shannon Miller, realized that the toddler was missing after checking the house and surrounding area, around 7:30 PM. Residents quickly mobilized alongside Officers from the Tobago Division and Divisional Task Force, as searches spread through nearby bushes, roads and shoreline areas.
However, in a potentially dramatic development on Tuesday (12th May, 2026), reports surfaced that a child’s body had been spotted drifting in rough seas off Goodwood on two (2) separate occasions. Fire Officers later reportedly told the child’s mother that what was seen in the water were actually logs and not a body.
Meanwhile, the biological father of missing Angelo, 22-year-old Antonio Plaza, has broken his silence on his son’s mysterious disappearance, telling Crime Watch host Ian Alleyne that the version of events told by the child’s mother and her boyfriend “doesn’t make sense,” and that “something is not adding up.” He said their actions may have amounted to gross negligence. Antonio also claimed he was restricted from being involved in his son’s life.
Residents have remained heavily involved in the search efforts, though some have privately raised concerns about the circumstances surrounding the toddler’s disappearance and whether negligence may have played a role.
Police investigations remain ongoing as search operations are set to continue across land and sea.
More on this as it becomes available.
[Source: Ian Alleyne]





Comments
Post a Comment